Then Came Trump
So that was Christmas, and what have we done? Another year over and a new one just begun!
In the still sweet morning of December 26, people start preparing for the next blast of holiday cheer. Happy New Year!!!
What will 2017 bring?
The Progressives from George Read-My-Lips Bush through the Clinton Inter-Lewd, George Endless-Wars-For-Peace Bush, and Barack the Destroyer managed to turn Ronaldus Magnus’ Morning in America into Mourning in America. We watched a slow motion train wreck as we won the Cold War and seemed to be on the verge of losing the peace as the centralizing finger wagers did their best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, and then came Trump.
Think of where we were just a few short weeks ago:
- an unopposed invasion on our southern border
- a collapse taking place in our manufacturing sector
- a loss of allies due to our own unreliability
- a growth of enemies due to our own weakness
- Detroit and other once proud cities decaying before our eyes
- attacks on cops, Christmas, and anything else we held dear becoming common place
- the Progressives where so self-assured that they would pound the last nail in our coffin, Hillary Clinton, they didn’t even bother to mount a campaign beyond attack adsAnd then came Trump.The Corporations Once Known as the Mainstream Media as represented in the shrinking megaphone of the ABC CBS NBC CNN MSNBC CABAL and their cable and print sister wives haven’t given up. They are doing anything they can to help the Progressives delegitimize The Donald. There is no burden to great, no sacrifice of credibility to shameful, no lie so ridiculous that they will not print or broadcast in their efforts to undermine the draining of the swamp. The silent majority has tried their hope and change, and they want to change it back to what it was before: America. The little people of Big Media thought they had their version of new speak, new thought, group think, PC mind control down pat. And then came Trump.The cry baby poor losers and their snowflake minions are squawking like a goose getting a mammogram. The celebrity limousine liberals are threatening to leave the country. The neo-cons are plotting and planning to sabotage the agenda people voted for. Every liberal you know repeats the talking points of the DNC pumped out by the pseudo-news anchors and thinks these are their own opinions. Chicken Little assures us the sky is falling. And then came Trump.
People say, “What if he breaks his promises?”
I say, if I give ten dollars to a charity to do good I have done good. If that charity then takes my ten dollars and throws it away, that is on them. It may be shown that we were naïve. It may be revealed that we were gullible. But I know when I am faced with the choice between the last nail in my coffin and a chance, I will vote for the chance every time.
I also know that I have a promise:
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place,
No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.
The election has come and gone. 2016 has come and gone. Many looked forward to 2017 with dread. We saw nothing before us but the continued decline of our great nation, the last best hope of mankind, managed by the very collectivist Progressives who were orchestrating that decline. We saw ourselves being swamped by the import-a-voter invasion designed to relegate us to nothing more than a tax base for the next dystopian utopia. In Christ we always have hope. In the world our hope was about to be crushed under the juggernaut of New York’s Sixth Crime Family and their massive political machine. And then came Trump.
Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. A new day is dawning in America. The Progressives thought we would go with a whimper instead of a bang. However we refused to go gently into that good night. We refused to let hope and change kill our hope so we voted to change the course of History. First came a determination that the nation shall have a new birth of freedom and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. And then came Trump.
Happy New Year!!
- Dr. Owens teaches History, Political Science, and Religion. He is the Historian of the Future @http://drrobertowens.com © 2016 Contact Dr. Owens email@example.com Follow Dr. Robert Owens on Facebook or Twitter @ Drrobertowens / Edited by Dr. Rosalie OwensExcerpt:We refused to let hope and change kill our hope so we voted to change the course of History.